INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

release 1.8 - you will decide

• Thank you received: 107
hi everyone, I am writing to you cause I don't think of a good solution either way so maybe it is just better to ask you people directly.

So, I am trying to make both HDMI/vnc available and it's workingish but things break one way or the other, mainly:
  • it seems we can add a simple entry in /boot/cmdline.txt and the HDMI even if unplugged will be used as real/virtual monitor, the problem is that changing resolution on the fly doesn't seem to work properly, it would work only if the entry in /boo/cmdline.txt is changed and it will stay fixed
  • the previous approach which seems to be the best one IMO is borked on the Pi5, we may ship to different images of astroarch, one for pi4 with hdmi enabled and one for pi5 which hdmi not working
  • dynamic resolution change seem to never work no matter how hard I try
  • truth is dynamic screen resolution change should not work even with the current version

I got some queries about HDMI but I never thought of it as a deal breaker, would you like to have it working even if it would mean a fixed resolution and having to change the settings by hand but also leaving the pi5 behind and different?
2 months 2 weeks ago #99001
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 94
<em>I am trying to make both HDMI/vnc available</em>

Hi
Not sure on a pi, but on a mini pc, this gives both dummy resolution for vnc and output to a physical screen:

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005723643647...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

Plug/unplug the screen as and when you like.
Cheers and HTH
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by alacant.
2 months 2 weeks ago #99002
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 1.686 seconds