INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

bleeding edge is here - kstars & indi

• Thank you received: 107
Hi everyone, since now, bleeding edge packages for kstars and indi are available for astroarch. By default stable packages will be present.

You can freely swap between them at any time how many times you want.

I added some easy aliases you can run straight from your terminal, to use bleeding edge just run
use-astro-bleeding-edge

to use the stable packages
use-astro-stable

To be able to run these commands be sure to update your system using update-astroarch and they will be available.

Who should use bleeding edge packages?
If you want to test some features not officially released or there are some fix to drivers that will be shipped only with the next indi release, you can move to bleeding edge and check them out.

Clear skies to everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan, Matteo, Stéphane Carlin
1 month 1 week ago #99840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
Now I’m on bleeding edge.
If one day I’ll back to stable and some installed packages are ahead than stables, the next update-astroarch will downgrade them or they will stay untouched until the stable version surpasses the one currently installed?
3 weeks 4 days ago #100061

• Thank you received: 107
That should never be an issue, there are actually only 4 packages that are "bleeding", kstars, libindi, indi 3rd party (libs and drivers) and those are treated as completley separate packages by pacman.

If you are on stable and run update-astroarch pacman will check if you are running the latest version of the stable packages and pull an update of those if there is any.

If you are on bleeding and do the same, you get the same result and pacman will check if any of those 4 packages have an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matteo
3 weeks 4 days ago #100062

Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds