INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot G3 Color - driver start

• Thank you received: 9
I'm in the process of trying to get set up to control my imaging gear with Rasperry Pi's. One item on the list I need to deal with is my Orion G3 Color camera which I use on one rig for guiding. I'm trying o work my way through the initial maze of learning about driver reverse engineering and development to see how viable creation of Linux drivers for the G3 is. I've found mention of someone else looking into the G3 monochrome but the topic appears to have stalled.

I'm posting in case others have an interest in this, have already made progress that I've not found etc.

Some of what I've captured so far (still not making sense of my various attempts at USB snooping)

idVendor 0x07ee (and Orion was not listed in the USB index files for that Vid)
iProduct 0x0502
iManufacturer 1 ATMEL
iProduct 2 AVR32 UC3 USB Device (I can't read the chip lable fully but one of the main chips inside the camera is an ATMEL) www.atmel.com/images/doc7745.pdf
The other main chip appears to be a WM8196SCDS although part of the name is partially blacked out pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view...FSON/WM8196SCDS.html
Some of the Device Info
1 Configuration
1 Interface
2 Endpoints
I've have capture files from Wireshark and USBlyzer covering what I hope are a restart, connection in PHD2, a brief loop run and disconnect. The USBlyzer file does not appear to be allowed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 4 months ago #21678

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds