INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstraLite - simple INDI client for astrophotography and livestacking

• Thank you received: 17
New alpha version 0.0.45. Not tested on real sky. Main features:
* "Full screen" button to hide control panels and show only image
* Watchdog to restart photo capture if it is stuck in "download" stage. Very useful for new touptek camera driver
1 year 2 weeks ago #92491

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Thank you for your wonderful app.

I tried it immediately.

About driver connection

Connect to the server by specifying the IP address of the server → xml file is sent from the server. -> Display in the driver list -> I think that the flow of connection will be the correct rule.

Please check how to connect CCDCiel.
(The Ekos style combined booting and connecting to the server driver, which was confusing.)
1 year 2 weeks ago #92503

Thanks for the comments! I simply forgot to disable widgets for device selection if user select "Connect remote" checkbox. Will be fixed in next alpha version.
1 year 2 weeks ago #92510

Thanks for the great app.

I tried the Windows version and the Linux version.

Both are working with the simulation driver.

Since this app is used by connecting to the driver, the red frame part of the attached image is unnecessary. (The part framed in red is required when starting the server driver, but it is not required when connecting.)
The live stacking image was in TIFF, is there a save option?
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by T-Studio.
1 year 1 week ago #92575
Attachments:

T-Studio, Look how it's made in latest (0.0.53) version. When no remote connection and AstraLite manually starts INDI drivers drivers selection is allowed

if you want to connect remote, only address field is accessible

PS: what formats do you want to use for live stacking image?
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Denis.
1 year 1 week ago #92580
Attachments:

Next plans are to make automatic background gradient extraction.This greatly increases the contrast of the live stacking image.
1 year 1 week ago #92581

Dennis

Thank you for contacting us.

If this app is a local server, it behaves like this version on startup (start INDI) (exactly "start INDI" if local only).

Personally, in order to "start" the server like CCDCiel, I thought it would be easier for beginners to prepare an application such as indiWeb separately. (Like Ekos, server startup and connection get confused.)

I think it would be convenient if there were Fits and jpeg in the image output format.
1 year 1 week ago #92586

I didn't planned my app will be often used with remote server. It is fast enough to do live stacking on weak ARM processors. So far, I think that the user will simply connect to the computer via RDP or VNC, launch the application and click "Connect INDI" without enabling the "Connect remote" flag.
At least that's what I do now.
1 year 1 week ago #92587

Mr,Dennis

I told you that "starting" and "connecting" to the server driver are different actions.

As you can see from CCDCiel, "start" is a specification that connects to the local server with another application and receives an xml file with "connection".

There is no confusion because the server "start" and "connect" are clear.(The rules are the same for local and remote servers. (It would be confusing if it were different.))

I mention it because it's one of the confusing parts for novice users. (Because I want many users to use this app)
1 year 1 week ago #92588

tstudioastronomy.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-622.html#comment1381

I thought that there were many INDI users in Japan who were looking forward to it, so I introduced it on my blog.

I expect it to grow into a good app. (It's a feature I've been waiting for too.)
1 year 1 week ago #92589

Now it's clear what you meant! You are right about difference in "starting" and "connecting". I will fix it. Thanks!

Also thanks for introducing app on your blog. But I think it is too early to show app on public as app is only in alpha version
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
1 year 1 week ago #92594

New alpha version 0.0.57. Main new feature - linear background gradient removal for live stacking and live view
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Simon
1 year 1 week ago #92648
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.028 seconds