INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What is the CURRENT status of Astroberry on 64-bit Raspberry PI OS?

• Thank you received: 8
I have a Raspberry Pi-4 that I got about a year and a half ago. It was 32-bit. I installed Astroberry which included several packages including KStars, CCDCiel, HNSKY and maybe others. This, of course, was the 32-bit Ras[bian OS. My astronomical equipment was somewhat below par for what I was trying to do, and I gave up on it. Recently, I purchased a Celestron-AVX (8"), and an ASI 533 and ASI-EAF, as I want to be autofocusing, something not well supported on my previous gear. I figure that this would be a good time to upgrade to a 64-bit OS. There is a bewildering array of advice on this topic available, not all current, and certainly not authoritative. I plan to buy a new Micro-SB card and start from scratch with the new OS, keeping the old one in reserve.

I'd appreciate advice on which installation path to pursue;, as of 2023.

Thank you.
7 months 4 hours ago #96040

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Steve,

Try this instead github.com/devDucks/astroarch it's a disc image similar to Astroberry and it seems to work well without too much fuss. There's a thread on here about it. indilib.org/forum/general/12964-astroarc...for-arm64.html#90118

Cheers

Alan
7 months 4 hours ago #96042

• Thank you received: 8
Thank you. I don't know much (I.e., know nothing) about ArchLinux, more of a Ubuntu user, but wth, Linux is Linux. I am going to give this a try. It seems to have what I need, Astroberry seems to be at a dead end unless someone revives it and iastroarch seems worth a try. If it doesn't work, I can always put something else on the MicroSD.
7 months 2 hours ago #96046

• Thank you received: 33
The other option is ofcourse Stellarmate OS ($49 I think)
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
6 months 4 weeks ago #96051

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds