INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to establish driver connection, TTY_WRITE_ERROR

• Thank you received: 3
I did some previous development on indi_paramount_telescope and am working on some further enhancements.

Unfortunately, my efforts are stalled by an inability for my newly compiled driver to establish a TCP connection to TheSkyX.

The existing driver (from the linux distribution) works fine. I can connect to TheSky TCP port manually with telnet and get commands.

My new driver refuses to connect, and I can't figure out what is preventing it. I'm getting a TTY_WRITE_ERROR via indibase.

Any suggestions for debugging this?
5 months 4 weeks ago #96780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TCP or UDP? port number correct?
5 months 4 weeks ago #96801

• Thank you received: 3
Jasem,

I'm most certainly using the correct TTY address and port (127.0.0.1, 3040, the defaults used in the distribution code). The problem exists even when I just attempt to compile the current release of code with no modifications.

My problem may lie in mixing INDI development environment (installed to /opt/local) and APT distribution environment (installed to /usr/bin), but I have not been able to find clear instructions on how to properly prepare a development environment, to include uninstalling or otherwise negating the standard installation environment via "apt-get install ind-ifull"
5 months 4 weeks ago #96815

Why are you using /opt/local? If you just install libindi-dev, it should install all the development libraries and and headers to /usr and that should be sufficient. We have an older, but yet applicable, Development environment tutorial.
5 months 4 weeks ago #96817

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds