INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Build failed with indiserver.py error

• Thank you received: 16
After successfully building a macOS version in early February, I've not succeeded since. I've had many issues which I've slowly worked through. But the latest failure is beyond me. I don't know Python, but even if I did, the offending file seems to be downloaded whenever I clone the Master, so it will always be broken until the Master is fixed.

Here's the error:

<code>/Users/rfrancis/AstroRoot/craft-root/etc/blueprints/locations/craft-blueprints-kde/libs/_mac/indiserver/indiserver.py failed:
type object 'super' has no attribute 'install'
</code>
Please, can the responsible developer fix this?

Thank,
Richard
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Richard Francis.
1 month 1 week ago #99739

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
If it helps, this is what ChatGPT had to say on the subject:
The issue seems to be related to the use of the super keyword within the Package class. The error message "type object 'super' has no attribute 'install'" indicates that Python is unable to find an install method within the superclass of Package.

In Python, when you use super() without arguments inside a class, it is typically used to call methods from the superclass. However, in your Package class, there is no superclass method named install, which is causing the error.

To resolve this issue, you have a couple of options:

Override the install method from the superclass: If CMakePackageBase defines an install method, you can override it in the Package class and provide the necessary implementation.
Ensure the superclass has an install method: If CMakePackageBase does not define an install method, you should not attempt to call super().install() in your Package class.

Make sure to review the superclass (CMakePackageBase) to see if it defines an install method. If it does, you can override it as shown above. If it doesn't, you'll need to remove the super().install() call and implement the install method according to your requirements.
1 month 1 week ago #99806

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds