Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25409

Hi,
i'm having trouble with saving 2 different eos camera's in different profiles.
To me it seems that those 2 camera's (both using gphoto-driver) can not be saved with different sensor-specs in a separate indi-profile.

Is it possible to use the combination gphoto AND cameraname as a key for keeping info instead of only gphoto info as it seems to me is now the case ? (or i'm doing something wrong as beginner?).

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25411

If you use the INDI Canon driver and they're two different camera models, then it shouldn't be a problem. INDI GPhoto is the generic DSLR driver.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25412

Jasem, thanks for your quick response. Somewhere I read that for an eos-cam one hase to use the gphoto-driver.
Maybe that info is not correct anymore today?

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25413

Where did you read that?

Jasem Mutlaq

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25414

More than a year ago I found info on installing kstars on an rpi3 that I followed but I can not remember now where I found that info anymore.
I have it up and go and I am impressed about the software; it works like a charme !!!!
My compliments and thanks for all the work you put in this project!!
As a retired programmer I know how much time is involved to keep it running and than you also give excellent and quick advice to us users.

I will now try the canon-driver and let you know if the problem I had in the subject, is resolved.

Thanks again !!!

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25416

Hello Jasem,
I connected an eos40d with the canon driver and it correctly detects the 40 d.
I gave the info about de sensor and saved it in a profile.
Next I connected an eos750d and tried the canon driver, but the 750d was not recognized as was the case with the 40d.
When using the gphoto-driver, the 750d was as gphoto-camera detected.
My goal is reached ; I can save 2 eos cam's in profiles and the sensor-info is kept.
Why the 750d is not recognized by the canon-driver, I don't know but at least my problem concerning identifying 2 different eos-cams is solved.

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25422

Hello Jasem,
just tried 2.9.5 and the platesolve is PHANTASTIC !!!!

many thanks.

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25423

ed.defesche wrote: Hello Jasem,
I connected an eos40d with the canon driver and it correctly detects the 40 d.
I gave the info about de sensor and saved it in a profile.
Next I connected an eos750d and tried the canon driver, but the 750d was not recognized as was the case with the 40d.
When using the gphoto-driver, the 750d was as gphoto-camera detected.
My goal is reached ; I can save 2 eos cam's in profiles and the sensor-info is kept.
Why the 750d is not recognized by the canon-driver, I don't know but at least my problem concerning identifying 2 different eos-cams is solved.

What does the log for the 750d say? Post it if you have it.

Jasem Mutlaq

saving profile data of 2 eos camera's with different sensors 4 months 3 weeks ago #25448

Hello Jasem,
thank you very much for your time and dedicatioin.
Hereby I send you a logfile from connecting the 40d that was correctly identified by INDI .
The second file is a log of connecting the 750d and that one was not recognized.

Thanks in advance for your answer / solution.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica