INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help in finding a roll-off controler

• Thank you received: 76
I agree. But these safety systems can be done in DIY setups too.
My roof relays are switched by an arduino microcontroller.
I have 3 layers of safety in the arduino microcontroller code.
#1) The open/close limit switches. These trigger the relays to off when fully open/closed at the microcontroller level. Does not wait for the INDI driver to send a stop message when fully open/closed.
#2) A physical cut out switch. The roof will trip this if #1 fails and it keeps moving further. This cuts the power to the motor.
#3) A timer running in the microcontroller so the motors only run for max 17 seconds. This is 1 second more than the time it takes to open/close. This is the last resort if #1 and #2 fail.

So yes. Don't depend on an INDI driver / indi server to send a message to stop a roof moving for sure :-)
Derek
6 months 6 days ago #96929

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Dead simple for me but without integrating any weather system.

Slide door opener with the addition of the Sonoff controller.

6 months 6 days ago #96946
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8
Dear all,

Thank you very much for this very interesting thread, I learned a lot.

As my DYI skills are not very high and I don't have too much time to improve them, I finally decided to go the easy way and ordered the Dragonfly controler from Lunatico. It doesn't depend on kstars/ekos running on the RPi but has a indi driver that will let me integrate the whole thing.

That's the easy part, now there's the whole observatory to build. I'll open a new topic, because I'm sure there's a lot of mistakes that can be done.. :)

Have a nice night!

steve
6 months 4 days ago #96997

Time to create page: 0.766 seconds