INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pictures get overwriten... again...

• Thank you received: 20
I'm testing 3.6.3 and its working now for 3 hours. I thought all is ok... BUT:

I imaged Sh2-290, just for fun/testing since it is brigt moon today. I took 20 pictures, 300s each, the image counter worked. The settings for files were the following:

After image #20 I realized that I forgot my dew heating. I dont use the scheduler just use the imaging tab. I stopped the procedure by pressing the stop button and attached the dew heater to the scope. After that Idid plate solving. Since the solver listet "star" instead of Sh2-290 I did a slew to my object and plate solved again. Everything ok, object centered. I clicked on the start button in the imaging tab, imaging proceded. But from then on it overwrites the _001.fits file, didnt count up anymore! P.S.: I wanted to attach a log file but just saw, that I didnt turned the log on....

After that I slew to M95, plate solving ok, start guiding, then my mount didnt do anything anymore, freez... Not Kstars was freezed only the mount didnt do anything, not even parking. I had to restart Kstars... Never had this before. I have to tell you, that you do a really good job, I really like Kstars, use it now for over two years. But I dont trust 3.6.3...
1 year 2 months ago #90979
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38
I had the same issue a while back.

I added the date/time variable to the filename.

%D in the format. It will add a unique name until this gets resolved for you.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Sonny Cavazos.
1 year 1 month ago #90984

• Thank you received: 566
%D is a good work-around, as is using the scheduler (I believe) which, IMHO, is almost always a better idea than not using it.

I was able to replicate this problem with a slightly simplified series of steps, though I don't know the underlying problem yet. I've sent Wolfgang some of my notes too.

It seems like the issue is related to capture having its target cleared (by the slew) and the target not getting re-set properly. (Yes, I know that the display showed the target, but internally it didn't have it set properly.) We'll hopefully get it resolved in the nightlies soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
1 year 1 month ago #90986

• Thank you received: 20
Hello Hy, Sonny,
I've already read that there is an issue, but I thought it was related more to Windows. What I was wondering about was, that it worked for the first part of the session. If I wouldnt kept an eye on my session I would have lost 5 hours of gathering data... I inserted %D and the rest of the session was ok.

Good to hear, that you found the reason for that issue, Hy and thank you for working on that :-)

CS
Juergen
1 year 1 month ago #90987

• Thank you received: 566
I submitted a change to correct the issue I was able to reproduce (probably the same issue as Juergen saw).
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...9178e2d3b13f4be670d8

It is in the latest software now, and should be in the nightlies in a day or two.
Also, Jasem plans to back-port the change to the 3.6.3 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, JuergenN
1 year 1 month ago #91031

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds