INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with scheduler [RES]

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

On monday evening I use the scheduler with a sequence to do 48 captures of 300 sec with Ha filter
This night, I wanted to use the same sequence on the same object. But when I added the job, it was set up to complete !

What's wrong ?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by MORELLI.
1 year 1 month ago #91019

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Bryan Ramsey on topic Issue with scheduler

I think what you are supposed do is remove the job, then down under job completion (bottom right), change it to "Repeat for" to 2 or more. Then Re-add. I'm new to scheduler but have the same issue. I think it is because it is looking in the folder and sees 48 images for that filter. At any rate, someone here will probably have more information. I have yet to dig into the scheduler documentation, but it is time. Probably the best way is to figure out the total imaging for a given object and leave it in the scheduler and let it do it's thing (across different nights). The problem with this is I'm still tinkering and tuning, so I add random things to test without really planning.
Hope this helps!

Bryan
1 year 1 month ago #91022

Replied by MORELLI on topic Issue with scheduler

Hello,

Thankfor you for answer. I explore how the scheduler can run. For the reuse of a sequence you have to set the modifiy mode, setup the repet +1 and apply the modification. Then pass the field repeat to 1. Curious as a function !
1 year 1 month ago #91026

• Thank you received: 566

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Issue with scheduler

There is an important scheduler option, currently found on the KStars Settings --> Ekos --> Scheduler menu called "Remember Job Progress".

You very likely have this checked. If it is checked, the scheduler will assume that you are continuing a job, and looks in the directories it is planning to store images for new job to see if progress has already been made.

- If you want to repeat a completed job, where the job's "Job Completion Options" setting is "Sequence Completion", the simplest thing to do is to move the directory with all your completed images to a new location. Then the scheduler won't find them and it will run the job from scratch.
- You can also uncheck "Remember Job Progress", though I find it to be a very useful option, since I often restart jobs.
- You can also edit the job (by double clicking on the job in the scheduler tab's table, and change the "Job Completion Option" to "Repeat for 2 Runs" (as the 1st run is completed already), or just have it repeat forever and leave it to yourself to stop it. Remember to click the checkbox near the top/center of the scheduler page to complete the editing operation.

Note: Remember Job Progress only works for files stored on the same machine as the scheduler is running. If the files are being saved to a different computer then the scheduler won't find them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryan Ramsey
1 year 1 month ago #91032
Attachments:

Replied by MORELLI on topic Issue with scheduler

Thank you very much for your extended anwser. I didn't use my setup and Kstars since October because bad weather. So, I forgot many things and however I write the french manual of Kstars ! I ought to read it also !
1 year 1 month ago #91036

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds