INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Kstars 3.6.3 having guide problem

• Thank you received: 20
I just upgraded to Kstars 3.6.3 on linux. It has been overcast here for a month, so I might have forgotten something, but when I go to the autoguider tab on Ekos, the scope is the main scope, not the guide scope, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it. When I select the guide scope as the main scope, when it goes to calibrate, the scope doesn't move. The scope tracks and slews normally using Kstars. There are many errors in the log file regarding the LX200 Autostar.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by David Allmon.
1 year 1 month ago #91071
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
Also my first night running KStars 3.6.3 on Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye 64bit under the stars (rather than Astroberry KStars 3.6.0 on RPi OS 32bit Buster. I noticed that the scope shown in the guider tab was my imaging scope not the guider one but this doesn’t seem to cause any particular issues. But make sure your ‘guider’ in your guiding imaging chain is set to your mount and not to your camera, otherwise it assumes ST4 connection and hence doesn’t move the mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Allmon
1 year 1 month ago #91088

• Thank you received: 20
Thank you!
I had the guide camera selected in the "guider" field. I'm pretty sure that is the problem, but my rig is in pieces all over the bench, being upgraded.
1 year 1 month ago #91089

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

I have also same issue using the main scope as guider. With ST4 option, no issue at all !
1 year 1 month ago #91092

Time to create page: 0.747 seconds