INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Controlling dither and focus check frequency in a sequence

• Thank you received: 3
Hey,

Both Dither frequency and the in-sequence focus checks are set outside of the sequencer tab. Dither in the guide tab options, and the focus check in the overall EKOS settings.

These are both something that are very much tied to the length of your sub exposure. For example, if I am shooting 5 minute subs, then maybe I want to dither every exposure, if I am shooting 30 second subs I might want to dither every 4-12 ( individually or on each LRGB set of 3 ).

Focus check is a similar thing, where maybe I want to do it every 3 5 minute exposures, but every 12 30 second exposures.

This means that both of the above would be great to be set in the actual sequence, based on the type of exposure we would like to do. Is there any way to do that now? Would it be possible to make these controllable via the sequence?

I wanted to try and see if there was a way to set these via the sequence scripts option. I haven't had a chance to do that but I think at least for Dithering it is not updated when guiding is currently active?
1 year 1 month ago #91342

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281
Hi,

If you look at the xml sequence file you can get an idea by looking at the tag names, of what can be set in the scheduler, and you're right, I don't think these can be set so they pick up the values at runtime.

So one way around this is to have the sequence run so that when its unattended you only need a single value of these fields. Or set them to the most conservative value for the session and accept some lost imaging time.

Would be a nice feature to add to the scheduler of course.

It might be possible to achieve what you want via D-Bus scripting. I'm not really familiar with it - maybe others on here with more knowledge could assist. But its possible to run a script before a job starts (scripts dialog on Capture). The script could connect to D-Bus and if these params are available change them to the desired values. Just an idea - I have no idea whether or not it would work!
1 year 1 month ago #91408

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds