INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Misalignment after flip

• Thank you received: 155
What would cause this? The image on the left is what all my images look like, showing M106 centered. The one on the right is what happened right after the Meridian Flip. Why would EKOS not align it correctly? I lost a six images last night before I noticed what had happened. EKOS did do the realignment routine after the flip, but it accepted it like this, and restarted the exposures. Is this a known issue?

1 year 4 weeks ago #91547
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Markku on topic Misalignment after flip

Hi Peter,

To me it looks like cone error, there is a way to fix it, just google and you will find the answer.

Br,
/Markku
1 year 4 weeks ago #91548

• Thank you received: 155
I definitely have cone error - but what I am confused about is that EKOS went through the alignment routine. It should have centered on he object as usual. The alignment routine uses plate solving to ensure accuracy. It moved it to within 3 arc seconds when I manually used EKOS to align to M106. But this time, after the flip, it said it was aligning, but it ended up here. I'll have a look at my logs.
1 year 4 weeks ago #91549

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Markku on topic Misalignment after flip

Have you tried to resolve both images in ASTAP or some other way just to see if there is a difference, or if you check the FITS header if that shows something interesting, but maybe the log will make things clear.
1 year 4 weeks ago #91563

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds