INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

An option to save failed alignment images

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

Last night I was automating my heart out and when it came time to do the second object, about 1:00 AM, the solver failed on alignment. Because I was soundly sleeping, I have no idea what went wrong. Did the neighbor's tree or house block it? Did the roof of the dome block it? I don't know because the log just says it failed, and the mount gets parked, so I have no evidence.

I thought as I was going through the log, "Wouldn't it be nice if I could see the alignment frame so I could solve the problem?" I know it isn't something that would get used by everyone every night, but it sure would have been handy last night. And tonight, too, because I have to get up at 1:00 AM to see what happens.

Thanks,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
11 months 6 days ago #93128

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's actually a brilliant idea. Similar to what we're doing to focus & guide images. Would be very useful for diagnostics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Allmon
11 months 5 days ago #93134

Discussed it with KStars development team and we'll go ahead with it. Unfortunately, there is no time to include in upcoming 3.6.5 release so it has to wait for 3.6.6 due in August.
11 months 5 days ago #93136

• Thank you received: 20
Thanks, Jasem!
11 months 5 days ago #93156

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds