INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate solving

• Thank you received: 0

Plate solving was created by robert rouse

Hi
I am having trouble with plate solving, this was my very first attempt at using it, so as a test I took an image centred on Sadr using a Canon 40D with Astroberry on a Raspberry Pi 4, but the image looks like its zoomed in, with a large star at its centre but nothing else, I also get an error message that there are not enough stars in the image, I have tried altering the exposure but the images all look the same, dark and only one large star, can you give me some pointers please.
Thanks
Robert
8 months 1 week ago #95136

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Fitchie on topic Plate solving

@Robert,

Please can you upload a screen dump ?
8 months 1 week ago #95141

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Eli Ron on topic Plate solving

Hi Robert,
What lens are you using with your DSLR? What’s your field of view?
8 months 1 week ago #95142

Replied by robert rouse on topic Plate solving

Hi Fitchie, sorry can't do a screen dump as yet, I did not make a note of the message, and it is cloudy outside at the moment, looks like it will be like this for a while, will try again when it is clear, just thought I would try and get some tips for my next attempt
8 months 1 week ago #95144

Eli Ron

sorry did not give you much information, everything is off at the moment but I am using a Sky watcher Star Travel 120mm refactor, can't remember what the field of view was, the images that I took as a test in the camera tab are fine, but in the plate solving tab, it shows just the centre of the image when compared to them
8 months 1 week ago #95145

As an update, I tried taking some images during the day to see what happens, picture was fine in the camera tab, when I tried the plate solving tab It kept crashing when trying to load the image, I ended up restarting astroberry, I then did manage to take an image for plate solving, it did load and looked the same, so perhaps it was a glitch and I will try again when the sky clears.

Not sure if it is connected but I noticed that the camera is listed as Canon EOS 40D(PTP Mode), I did a search and found that on the older model Canon cameras, you have to select normal mode instead of PTP mode under camera settings, but the option is not available on the newer models, so not sure if PTP Mode is ok, or I need to change something
8 months 1 week ago #95220

Time to create page: 0.688 seconds