INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus backlash limited at 1000 steps

• Thank you received: 3
I have an Edge HD, known for it's substantial backlash, and a pegasus focus cube with 11510 steps per revolution. All maths done right and my focuser moves a whopping 23 steps per micron! I measured the backlash at between 1500 and 1750 steps, which sounds absolutely ridiculous, but when you add the 23 steps/micron scale it amounts to a very reasonable 65 to 75 microns, which isn't a lot, actually. But in Indi and especially in Kstars' autofocus settings I see that the most I can set backlash to is 1000. Am I missing something? How can I set the backlash to 1750 and keep it that way? Even if I set it in the driver settings as soon as I go to the auto focus settings it will go back to 1000.
1 month 1 week ago #99793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281
Hi Nelson,

You can set Overscan upto 10000 ticks.
1 month 1 week ago #99819

• Thank you received: 3
Yeah, I did that, but it feels a bit hacky that I can't set the backlash to its true value, and then add some overscan on top.

Thanks.
1 month 1 week ago #99820

• Thank you received: 281
Backlash and Overscan are different ways of dealing with the same issue. Whilst you can use both together I don't think there's a need to do that (at least I'm not aware of one).

For most folks Overscan works better than Backlash as it doesn't rely on an exact tick value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelson
1 month 1 week ago #99821

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds