INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems/questions testing EKOS with Sony a7s

Yes it if fixed now, it wasn't accepted "arw" as a RAW format. Please update PPA. For the image, I didn't solve it yet. Can you tell me what are the solver options when you try to solve your image? They're in the align module under "Options". Please note the -3 and -4 flags, those denote RA and DE since the solver, in order to be fast, expects you to be near the target (within 30 degrees by default), so if you are off, then it won't work. Also, note the -L and -H flags, those are for low and high angular scales so the range should contain your FOV. Anyway, let me know what options you are using to solve and we can go from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giuseppe
7 years 5 months ago #12426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Excellent! :woohoo:

here my options: --no-verify --no-plots --no-fits2fits --resort --downsample 2 -O -L 128.885 -H 214.515 -u aw -3 316.958 -4 43.4706 -5 30 it seems correct: my FOV is 204x136

Attachment: screenshots of my setting for plate solving

During my tests i use telescope simulator: i sync telescope near ngc7000 and try to solve jpg (also fit) but without success
7 years 5 months ago #12440
Attachments:

The image solved with the options above in less than 5 seconds. It was solved with index file: index-4211.fits

Perhaps you don't have the necessary index files? What index files did you download?
7 years 5 months ago #12447

ok

as i supposed the jpg is ok..

so:

- i istalled astrometry with: "sudo apt-get install astrometry.net"

- then i downloaded debiam package from 4208-4219 to 4205

- in the end i istalled package with default program in ubuntu

Attachments: screen shot of folders with solve-field and fits files (with 4211).

if can help you: the first time i used "sudo dpkg -i astrometry-data-*.deb" to install debian package but failed. so i used default program in ubuntu to install packages
7 years 5 months ago #12449
Attachments:

So the issue was that the Align module always default to using "Blind solver" mode when load&slew is loaded with a non-FITS image. Now I added an option so that the user gets to choose if they want use the "blind solver" which would take a very long time to solve (I stopped it after 3 minutes!), or if they want to use existing settings which would make things much faster (5 seconds on my machine). PPA is updated and a new package should be available in 1-2 hours.

Of course, during a live imaging session, if you capture a jpeg/raw, it would use the existing settings by default.
7 years 5 months ago #12451

Perfect! it's ok! :woohoo:

Incredible support from you. Thank you very very very much.

During next days i'll make a test connecting also my Celestron Mount and if ok i'll start to use EKOS during next live session.

Clear sky
7 years 5 months ago #12495

Hi Jasem,

sorry but i need your help another time: i found another problem about sony

yesterday i prepared and tested some sequences to use during live session:

-with exposure >= 2 seconds it's everything ok
-with exposure <= 1 second can't take the frame (log file attached with long and short exposure)

i have also a question about bias frame: max speed of sony is 1/8000 but the exposure time in ekos can't go under 0,001 second. How should i set exposure time to take a correct bias frame?

thank you
7 years 5 months ago #12565
Attachments:

Can you submit the INDI GPhoto driver logs as well? I will try to fix the bias issue
7 years 5 months ago #12584

Sorry.

i attached the wrong logs file. Here the correct one

Thanks
7 years 5 months ago #12592
Attachments:

Can you please turn on the complete debug log before you press connect? I need to see the initial properties of the camera because it seems that it's getting stuck in finding optimal exposures under 1 second which are usually taken from the camera's predefined list (e.g. 1/4000)
7 years 5 months ago #12594

i hope this is ok.

and i have another question: about "Save" option in configuration of GPhoto CCD in INDI control Panel, how does this should work? every time i connect Camera i change options and then click "save" but every time the options reset to default. I tried to click "LOAD" but nothing change. "Save" botton should create a file?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by giuseppe.
7 years 5 months ago #12597
Attachments:

Hi Jasem,

Had you tried to fix the issue for exposure <= 1s?

Thanks
7 years 4 months ago #12847

Time to create page: 0.868 seconds