Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture 2 months 3 weeks ago #18152

• cduston
  • cduston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all, I'm getting some behavior which I didn't expect when changing the binning on my SBIG ST-402.

When I change the binning via Capture (taking a single image), the resulting image is a different size. For instance, if I choose 9x9 binning, the image scales from the original 765 x 504 pixels to 85 x 56. This is the behavior I expect.

When I go to take a sequence of images, and I change the binning size, unless I manually change the size of the image, the output is still 765 x 504 pixels. I think Ekos is actually doing something different, because the image *looks* different, but do I really have to manually change the size of the image?

(What I actually want to do is spectrometry with my DSS-7, so I want different vertical and horizontal binning, which can only be done with a sequence. That's why I'm looking at the sequencing tool, not just for my health :-) )

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture 2 months 2 weeks ago #18184

There shouldn't be a difference between Single vs Sequence. Turn logs on and attach logs for Ekos & SBIG as well. Check my signature for how to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cduston

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture 2 months 2 weeks ago #18225

• cduston
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh ok sorry about that. I just reproduced the problem and have attached logs. I think by "SBIG logs" you meant just turn the driver on, which I did. It should be at the end of this session.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture 2 months 2 weeks ago #18227

It shows binning as 0 which is 1x1. Send Ekos log and screenshot of capture module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cduston

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?

Changing the Binning in Evia image sequence vs straight capture 2 weeks 4 days ago #19886

• cduston
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry it's taken me a while to revisit this, I was trying other solutions.

I've attached two screenshots and the logs. Notice in the screen shots that the dimensions of the camera are correctly stated 765 x 510, but even with vertical binning at 4, the lower corner of the image still has a pixel value of 765 x 510.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Login

1. 3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

1. Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica