INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to repeat a RGB sequence? (or B,V,R,I, or any type)

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

First of all, let me say thank you to the people who are developing INDI/Ekos. I really enjoy having my Linux laptop next to the telescope and connecting to it remotely from a Windows or Linux desktop at home. This thing is great.
Last night, I ran into a problem trying to repeat a sequence in the scheduler. I wanted to take CCD images through 4 different filters (B, V, R, I) and loop this for 2 hours (30 sec B, 30 sec V, 30 sec R, 30 sec I, and then repeat the same sequence). I have no problem queuing 4 jobs (one for each filter) but I can't find a way to repeat the whole thing. I tried to export the queue as an xml file and then copy/paste the series in the xml file, and then load this extended queue but (1) it did not work (the thing ended up just switching the filters without taking the images) and (2) even if I could get it to work it is really not convenient.

I imagine that lots of people use this type of series, so I imagine there is a way to do it and I simply did not find it. Otherwise, this would be a great thing to add to the program.

Thanks for your help!

Clear skies,

jf
6 years 4 months ago #21626

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The scheduler is used for this purpose. Assuming you have an Ekos Sequence File (.esq) with the sequences ready, you just load that up in the scheduler and then set the completion conditions accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Francois Gout
6 years 4 months ago #21628

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks a lot for the answer. I did a test and it works!
(However, my first "Thank you message" never appeared on the forum, is there a manual curation of the messages before they are published?)

jf
6 years 4 months ago #21745

• Thank you received: 1
This works if you have only one target.
How to do this if you want to repeat for multiple target.

Target A (seq=B,V,R,I)
Target B (seq=B,V,R,I)
Target C (seq=B,V,R,I)

and again:
Target A (seq=B,V,R,I)

It will be possible?
regards
Stefano
2 years 7 months ago #75504

Time to create page: 0.812 seconds