Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mount model not syncing lately

Mount model not syncing lately 1 week 6 days ago #25995

• gbeaton
  • gbeaton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
In my last two outings, I've had trouble with syncing the scope position with plate solve position. I goto a star and its pretty close , do capture&solve and slew to target but it ends up with error too great and trying again and again. I reduced the accuracy and then it would work but I noticed that the mount position on teh kstars map is not being updated(repositioned) to the target when syncing. Usually, a successful plate solve and sync or slew would put the mount reticle right on the target. Its not doing that now. I have to manually re-position the scope with NSEW controls, do a plate solve and see if the FOV reticle is where I want it. The mount reticle remains about 0.5deg off.

This problem seems to be co-incedent with a couple of updates - I've updated to 2.9.5 from 2.9.3 (on Mac and StellarMate) but I've also started using INDI (eqmod) mount connection shared with PHD2 running on the RPi.

I don't have logs right now. I'll have to turn them on and try again. I can try tonight from my balcony but without polar alignment. I don't think polar alignment is necessary for this to work properly.

Question: If I plate solve with the guide scope and sync, is this model kept separate from the main scope model?

Edit: It seems the problem went away. Not sure why but as long as it stays that way, I'm ok :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by gbeaton. Reason: update
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica