Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Horizon Data

Horizon Data 2 weeks 3 days ago #29409

I read in old posts from 2016 about a horizon module to take local horizon constraints like neighboring buildings into account.

I could not find it in the latest KStars version. Is this module still around? Would be very handy to incorporate this in the scheduler's calculation for the best targets.

Cheers

Amin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Skywatcher Newton 200/1000 on EQ6-R
Skywatcher Mak 105/1300 on AZ GTi
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Canon 7D DSLR or ASI 183 MC Pro

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 3 days ago #29413

It is still there, and the feature to include this constraint in the Scheduler is still in the plan. But no ETA for now, there are many robustness issues to tackle first.

-Eric

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 3 days ago #29415

Eric, could you tell me where I find it in KStars?

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 3 days ago #29419

Sorry, the feature is in Settings, Artificial Horizon. You draw polygons, starting at 0 degrees altitude and finishing at 0 degrees, then closing the shape. The interface is a bit rough, but on my side I could map my garden trees to give users an idea of the obstacles.

-Eric

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 2 days ago #29427

Thank you Eric, I found it, but excuse my dumbness: how do I enter Altitude information. I have a series of data from Observer Pro with e.g. 31° (tall tree), I tried to enter 31, but it does not accept it.

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 5 hours ago #29484

There's an excellent program on the iPhone called Observer Pro. It allows you to hold your phone where your tripod would sit, and use the camera to pan around and draw the polygons that shape your horizon view. I did a quick write up of it on my site . Anyway, it has a way to export that data to a file from within the iPhone app. (I've exported it and loaded it into Sky Safari Pro). I'm wondering if this could be used somehow to import into KStars/EKOS?

Re:Horizon Data 2 weeks 4 hours ago #29485

I am using the same program and had a look at the export file. It is basically a list of lines with 2 values, one for the azimuth and the other for the altitude. I wanted to enter the values manually. For 0° it say 31.8 in the file, so I tried to enter 31 anyhow but failed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica