INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kubuntu 1410 back to 14.04,any Indi probs likely|?

• Thank you received: 10
HI guys
Had a few problems with Kubuntu 14.10 so have moved back to 14.04, things seem to be working ok (haven`t tried the indi_eqmod file yet!) am I likely to have any issues with Indi at all please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 3 months ago #2667

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
INDI - no, it should be the same version, but KStars + Ekos - yes, they are not updated anymore for the systems below 14.10 :(
9 years 3 months ago #2668

• Thank you received: 41
Depends on Kubuntu, when they backport all the KDE Framworks 5 stuff to 14.04 (which should be possible as I know from Fedora 20 packaging), it will be easy to build bleeding edge KStars for 14.04 again.
9 years 3 months ago #2674

Fedora is always trying to be bleeding edge, which is not the case of the Ubuntu, especially LTS editions... And considering the state of the KF5 at the moment I am pretty sure it won't happen any time soon :(
9 years 3 months ago #2680

• Thank you received: 41
Well, but all the KF5 libraries can coexist with KDE4 stuff without any problems. I don't know if there would be any other conflicts in 14.04 then or outdated libraries. At least some kind of PPA should be provided by Kubuntu people, but I don't know if there is enough manpower. From Fedora I know that packaging and maintaining KF5 stuff is a quite huge amount of work...
9 years 3 months ago #2681

- didn't know that... :)- on this forum a Gentoo user is already blaming KF5 packaging :lol:
9 years 3 months ago #2682

Time to create page: 0.807 seconds