INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZEQ 25 Go to home switch

• Thank you received: 19

ZEQ 25 Go to home switch was created by Jon

I'd like to add go to home capability to the ZEQ 25 mount. I see that the following in the command set:
Command: “:MH#” Respond: “1” This command will slew to the “home” position immediately.

Since the ZEQ25 inherits from the lx200 classic driver, how can I add the home switch for just the ZEQ 25 and not include it into lx200 generic.
It would also be nice to have park and unpark available as well. I see the park option but i'm not certain that the implementation from the lx200 generic is working properly with the ZEQ as the ZEQ has a command for park/unpark that I don't see for the lx200 generic mounts driver:

Command: “:MP0#” Response: “1” This command un-parks the telescope.  
Command: “:MP1#” Response: “1” This command invokes the parked mode. In parked mode, the telescope cannot slew, track, and guide unless a un-park command is issued. Caution: Any movement caused by hand controller will make the telescope into un-park state.

I do know that the unpark is not working as it states that unpark is not available when clicking the switch. Is there a SetTelescopeCapability(TELESCOPE_CAN_UNPARK) option?

--Jon
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jon.
7 years 9 months ago #9377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic ZEQ 25 Go to home switch

I was able to solve the go to home capability by subclassing the initproperties and ISNewSwitch methods and adding in the appropriate gotohome function. I don't know if that was the easiest or best way to to do it, but it worked.
The park method currently used by the lx200generic class is not working however with the zeq25. I get an error about reading ra/dec. I tried overriding the park method and it completes but I still get the reading ra/dec error. Parking the zeq25 may be a bit odd anyway as I know to set the home position you need to power down the mount and power it back up to have it set the current ra/dec as the zero position. That may be enough for me but I will keep working on seeing if the park/unpark commands from the ieqprodriver will work with it. I think I need to add to the function in order to set the ra/dec besides just sending the park/unpark command. If I have more issues, I will capture the log ouput and post it up. I don't want to bother anyone as there are a lot more issues for other folks that need to be solved.

--Jon
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jon.
7 years 9 months ago #9390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds