INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

So close but I need help

• Thank you received: 17
I have a working stable system: Rpi-4, Ubuntu 20.04 boots from an SSD, running Kstars 3.6.2 , Phd2 and Fircapture. I run the system headless using X11vnc Server on the Rpi and a VNC client on a laptop. I started a new SSD to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04, Kstars 3.6.8, Phd2 and the Latest Firecapture 2.7.14., because I added a ZWO EAF to the system over the holidays and I want to take advantage of improvements in the focus and other routines in the latest Kstars. All of these work, in my office; however I have two snags that I just cannot remember how to resolve.

One: at the scope the stable system runs headless and I VPN in. In the Study, I have a monitor attached, that works for the new SSD; headless doesn't. I have 'googled' and searched for the right answer, but I have not found it. I seem to recall somewhere I need to set Display: 0 and export it, but I cannot find the right reference to tell me where and how to do that. HELP Please

Two: the VNC laptop is in the garage, I have an android tablet at the scope which runs a VNC client over USB tethering. I use this for PA and focus while I am at the scope (although now with the EAF I can do focus in the garage but I still need it for PA adjustments). It all worked on the stable system, I had a "wired connection" with a fixed address and I could just open that connection and have a display at the scope. That also no longer works with the new SSD. Any suggestions: did enough stuff change from Ubuntu 20.04 to Ubuntu 22.04 that I need to load something new?

Hopefully, I just need to guidance to point me in the right direction to resolve these.

thanks for any help.
3 months 1 week ago #98256

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
I figured it out!!! Trying to make too many changes late at night and I had some errors in my config file.
3 months 1 week ago #98274

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds