INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fits files saved to unexpected location

• Thank you received: 76
First clear night in weeks... I ran a sequence of about 2 hours, then another for darks and flats.... Great, everything worked.

But!! I cant find fits files anywhere. It looks like nothing was saved :( Anyone else experience something like this?

[UPDATE] changed title from 'No fits files saved' after I found the files.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Derek. Reason: changed title from No fits files saved after I found the files.
7 years 3 months ago #13976

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic No fits files saved

Logs? This never happened to me in the last 3 years of using Ekos. If you're using the scheduler, it creates a directory with the target name, then in it the FITS files are saved by type and filter
7 years 3 months ago #13981

• Thank you received: 76

Replied by Derek on topic No fits files saved

Jasem,
I found them, in an unexpected place. Well yesterday I was doing a lot of testing and messing around with focus & filter changes & also testing my new lodestarX2 (which is fantastic!!)
Another thing I was testing was PEC so it was a bit of chaos and not a 'usual' usage pattern.

I was not using the scheduler at the time but the files were saved in a dir from a previous schedule run.
I did something like this.
1: Lots of messing with the focus module, changing filters, focusing etc etc.
2: More messing with guide module and recorded PEC data, sent to mount.
3: Created a schedule for NGC891 to test the PEC playback.
4: After starting the schedule I cancelled it after 2/3min as I was not happy with guiding.
5: More messing with guide module and focus module.
6: Attempted to image the rosette nebula to test PEC playback.
7: Used the sequence tab (not the scheduler) and set the file to save in my home dir (/home/dokeeffe). Normally they get saved here in a 'Light' directory.
8: Ran a sequence of 10x600sec and it went well. Subs looked great and guiding well.
9: Ran another sequence to collect flats.
10: Discovered the files were saved to /home/dokeeffe/NGC891/Light instead of /home/dokeeffe/Light

So its something to do with cancelling a schedule and then manually capturing a sequence using the ccd module.
Again, its not a normal use case. I just tested again from a cold bootup during daylight and some test captures are being saved to where I expected.

Derek
7 years 3 months ago #13985

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic No fits files saved

Right, the scheduler wasn't clearing the target name in the capture module when it is stopped. It's fixed now. Thanks for the report!
7 years 3 months ago #13987

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds