INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SOLVED: Moonlight LiteCrawler reconnection after rebooting

• Thank you received: 24
Hi,

Not sure what to do and hopefully someone can help. Logs for the LiteCrawler are attached.

Symptom is that if the RPI3 needs to be rebooted, the LiteCrawler needs power cycled. If there is something I can do to correct, please let me know.

There is some completion between the TTYUSB0/1 number assigned between the CGEM USB2Serial cable and the LiteCrawler. Current configuration has CGEM on USB0, and LiteCrawler will start out on USB1.

If the RPI3 is rebooted the LiteCrawler will not reconnect.

Toggling the LiteCrawler will increment the USB number, e.g. TTYUSB1 becomes TTYUSB2. There did not seem to be a different device to use other than to increment.

It is worth noting that the Auto Search needs to be disable. If the Celestron GPS driver tries to connect to the LiteCrawler the LiteCrawler will need to be power cycled. Turning off the Auto Search allows for a scan to happen manually and then the serial port manually entered.

I hope someone has an idea.

Thank you,
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 7 months ago #19158
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Since you are using StellarMate , you need to use one of its features that was designed specifically for this problem: StellarMate Serial Port Assistant

I need to make a video on this soon (waiting for few stuff to resume work on my observatory), but it's quite straight forward to use. After this, you should have permanent designations for your devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 7 months ago #19175

Ah... cool. Okay, I will disconnect all devices and attach the CGEM and liteCrawler each one at a time and try this tonight.

Thank you
6 years 7 months ago #19176

Hi Jasem,

The StellarMate Serial Port Assistant worked perfectly! Thank you, for pointing me that way!

Cheers!
6 years 7 months ago #19203

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds