INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Check location before saving to avoid crash...

• Thank you received: 24
Hi,

Is it possible to add a catch/warning for sequence files trying to save files to a location that does not exist?

Last night things went ok. Still working through some issues with everything running on RPI3. You all offer great support.

This morning taking flats it took me, embarrassingly, two hours to figure out why things kept crashing. The symptom, the scheduler was configured to take flats, and when checking progress I would find Ekos disconnected from INDI. Smile and repeat... Then not so much smiling. The issue was found by recreating the sequence file and schedule file.

In the end it was the sequence file used. The location where the images was to be saved for a filter did not exist. The mount location for my usb stick had changed - USB1 returned to USB. The cause was due to reimaging the SD Card and using the previous files on the new image.

A message box to warn the user is all I am thinking. Something stating location not found. INDI can still be stopped in case there is other reasons to do so. Such a message box, would let the user know why and what to correct.

Just a thought.

Cheers!
6 years 7 months ago #19261

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So I checked and it was failing most silently but no crashes. I made changes to INDI so that remote drivers would fail on upload or save fail, and locally it you would display error message in log if it cannot save. However, I'm not sure how you got a crash, if you have the backtrace, please attach.
6 years 7 months ago #19273

Please find attach all I have for logs from last night. Please delete then once you have them.

It may not be a crash. The symptom was that Ekos would be disconnected from INDI and everything would need to be restarted.

I likely did some pkill indi commands think that something was awry to reset everything and restart using the Ekos Start INDI button.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Stephen. Reason: removed logs
6 years 7 months ago #19277

Too many logs in this case , which ones show the issue?
6 years 7 months ago #19283

I can recreate later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
6 years 7 months ago #19299

attached are the logs I could get duplicating the problem.

These capture the event. Ekos is disconnected, and indi is completely stopped

Verbose logging was on. There is not a lot these.
6 years 7 months ago #19312
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.653 seconds