INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help understanding how scheduler evaluates and prioritizes jobs

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm using a rather complex job file, imaging around 20 variables, and adding and removing some on and off. And I do have some problems in understanding how Scheduler really evaluates the jobs, and if I have the correct settings.

Right now, I am adjusting my job list (attached). Loading it into the scheduler, I get the following result:

Here the third job, RR Tau, is schedulet for....tomorrow night. Further down the list is another such leap - this job list should not be finished until midnight two nights from now..

Why is it like this? Why, for instance, is not RR Tau the FIRST job, if it now needs to be executed at 22.00? Why does the job list wait until 23.48 to start tonight?

Maybe I've configured something the wrong way. But I really like the way the scheduler filters out jobs that are invalid, so I could in principle have a long list, year around, and let scheduler choos which to work on. But to do that, the prioritization needs to be different from this.

My job list is attached.

Magnus
4 years 2 weeks ago #51746
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The optimum time for observing RR Tau, according to the scheduler, is at 21:43 but Twilight ends at 21:54. With the Twilight option checked the scheduler will never start imaging RR Tau until it becomes visible again when it is completely dark. The easiest way to disable twilight is to save the schedule and edit the XML and remove Twilight from Constraints at the bottom of the file.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 2 weeks ago #51747

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Thanks for helping my trying to understand this. I get that, the optimum is before the twilight limit. But why does it then not start as early as twilight limit allows? I mean, it is not set to start at a reasonable time TOMORROW. Why does it not settle for that tonight....?

Magnus
4 years 2 weeks ago #51749

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds