INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help in understanding the Analyze tab

• Thank you received: 139

I'm running StellarMate 1.5.4. with I think 3.4.5? of Kstars, whatever the official release is. Two nights in a row now, something strange is happening with the Scheduler and Sequence. I have a sequence set up to do 30 120s HA, 30 120s SII, and 30 120s OIII. I have it set to repeat indefinitely in the scheduler. I only have focus set on filter change. So focus happens once an hour between each filter change.

The strange issue, is that two nights in a row now, part way through one filter, the system stops, and focuses randomly, and resets the sequence back to HA. So you can see here in this image we get to OIII, and alignment happens for some reason (there's no meridian flip), focus happens again, it takes 1 OIII frame, then aligns again, and switches back to HA before finishing the OIII sequence of 30 frames.

Two nights ago it did this part way into SII and started over. I didn't have logs turned on. But I might stop the process and turn them on as it's in the middle of imaging right now.

I'm realizing as I type this, that it shows a flip. However, there was no flip, as the scope is not past the meridian by one hours, so somehow there is a timezone issue, perhaps daylight savings. Because I also noticed that the scheduler tried to start 1 hour before dark. I think I might have solved my problem....just need to figure out where this issue is coming from, because geography is correct. But Kstars might be getting info from the mount which doesn't account for daylight savings as it uses the GPS for time and location.
3 years 6 months ago #61111
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update...it is the timezone, not daylight savings. I had Kstars set to receive info from the mount. The mount does have the correct time zone and date. Yet, KStars is updating to a time that's a different offset, instead of -6 hours UT offset for my time. I don't know why it would get something so off, unless they're using different types of time?

It seems having Kstars update the mount is not right, as now my pointing is off slightly. Any ideas on where the discrepancy might be? I'm using a 10M mount.
3 years 6 months ago #61112

• Thank you received: 7
You must be running the nightly of kstars, as the analyze tab came about after the last stable release.

There was a scheduler issue that was fixed recently that could cause this type of fault. See this thread:
indilib.org/forum/ekos/7788-scheduler-no...acquired-images.html

I would suggest you update to the latest nightly, understanding you may end up finding other bugs, such is the nature of the nightly builds.

J.
3 years 6 months ago #61124

You're right, I'm running 2.5.0 beta, yet I have it set to stable release. This must be what came on the StellarMate 1.5.4 image. But I do think this is a time sync issue with my mount, as the scheduler started 1 hour early, and performed the meridian flip 1 hour early. So now I'm trying to figure out why there's a 1 hour difference when trying to sync the time from the mount to Kstars. The mount gets its time from GPS and shows the correct UTC offset. But It's set to daylight standard time, and that might be the issue. I'm going to test changing some settings in the mount to see if I can't get Kstars to update to the correct time.
3 years 6 months ago #61129

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds