INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

• Thank you received: 56
I have been in contact with Pegasus and they are prepared to test any modifications to the drivers and they can provide me with remote access to a Rpi4 with any of their hardware connected. That should work fine.

On the firmware for the UPB. It looks like up to version 1.4 was the UPB V1 and the V2 started with firmware version 1.5. I am pretty sure it jumped from 1.5 to 2.0 in one step. We are now on 2.2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giles
3 years 2 months ago #66870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

That sounds great. They market their company as "By Astronomers for Astronomers", it seems that's exactly how they operate too!
3 years 2 months ago #66871

• Thank you received: 140

FYI, i was one of the early adopters of the UPB V2 and the first firmware on it was V1.3...
3 years 2 months ago #66875

That's interesting so maybe V1 and V2 shared firmware for a while. I will ask Pegasus.

Another question. For the Labels. I find the current interface for setting the labels clutters up the tab. I was thinking about putting all the labels on a separate tab. What do you think?
3 years 2 months ago #66882

First of all I can’t see how the firmware could be shared as there are different functions on the two UPB’s
Secondly not sure I would want to change tabs just to see the labels...I personally would like then on the relevant tabs, as they are now...I don’t think that they are to cluttered...
3 years 2 months ago #66885

The updates to the firmware are still coming thick and fast. The latest Firmware is now 2.4. I was having some communication problems with 2.2 and 2.3 but 2.4 looks to have solved them.

The Dew tab now looks like this.

I will add something similar for the USB tab too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd, ouioui01
3 years 2 months ago #66976
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

Good job!

Regards
3 years 2 months ago #66984

Looks like we may have to loose the Led Off functionality for the UPB V2 after all.
I have the latest version of the Serial communication protocol and this is stated by Pegasus:

ON/OFF Led Indicator (0=OFF, 1=ON)
DO NOT USE THIS AS STEPPER MOTOR IC
RELIES ON THIS SIGNAL PIN (KEEP LED
ALWAYS ON) – LED OFF SETS MOTOR TO
SLEEP IN NEW PCB REVISIONS (>=RevC)

I could disable it for V2 or print this warning if you switch it Off.
Does anyone have a preference?
3 years 2 months ago #66990

Get rid of it for me, as I leave it on anyway, and if the setting is there and it’s accidentally turned off, it will cause real issues for people...so remove it I say...

BTW, you are doing an awesome job....well done and a big thanks....

Can you have a look at the focuser backlash, as I dont understand why it only applies backlash in one direction, also am I wrong in thinking that when using 70 steps of backlash (my setting) then that will throw the overall step count out, the as the backlash moves are not counted in the overall step count...?? Or am I missing something here....?.
3 years 2 months ago #67007

Thanks. Strangely all the backlash setting code has been commented out in the driver.
The principle is that the driver just sets the backlash in the UPB, there is no logic in our driver.

I will check with Jasem why he did that. Possibly it did not work in a pervious firmware version.
3 years 2 months ago #67009

The code is smarter than I thought. The full implementation for the focuser is implemented.

As I mentioned above the Indi driver simply sets the backlash, all the logic is in the UPB V2. Might be worth trying the new firmware. There have been a lot of changes.
3 years 2 months ago #67016

Yes got latest FW, but still the same, and Pegasus no help whatsoever.....
3 years 2 months ago #67073

Time to create page: 0.849 seconds