INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Newcomer very basic problem

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm a newcomer to Indi, running Ubuntu 15.04 where I have installed Kstars, Ekos and Indi. I'm trying to understand how to operate it, and I run into a frustrating problem: In Ekos, I cannot find the window with the modules Telescope, Camera (Canon DSLR for me) and Guidecamera, as seen for instance in this video:

I run Kstars, go to Tools - Ekos, select my devices, and start Indi. I connect the devices (Mount, camera and guidecamera), they connect, but then nothing more. In the video, there seems to pop up another Ekos window, with the devices as tabs. How do I find this? All I have i the first Ekos window and the Indi settings window.

Magnus
8 years 6 months ago #5567

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi!

OK, solved..... I connected the devices in Indi but not in Ekos.

Magnus
8 years 6 months ago #5568

And I need to updated that tutorial as well, I think when I have my observatory up and running
8 years 6 months ago #5569

Hi!

Maybe I wasn't that stupid after all... I'm now sitting by the telescope, I've attached the mount (Losmandy G-11) and the camera (Canon 70D), started the INDI derver and drivers in the Indi unit dialog, connected then in the Indi control module (where I can set all those parameters for them) - but the connect button in Ekos is greyed out. I cannot connect with Ekos. How come?

The mount is on /dev/ttyUSB0, where I need to set permissions so I can connect (I do sudo chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0 just to get it working).

What's happening here?

Magnus
8 years 6 months ago #5576

Because you're making it unnecessarily complicated. The steps are:

1. Start KStars
2. Click Ekos Icon (dome icon)
3. Select you devices
4. Click "Start"
5. INDI control panel will pop up, if you need to make any changes to port values, change them now, then click "Save config" in INDI Control Panel Options tab for your device so that next time you don't have to do this step, the values are loaded for you.
6. Click "Connect"

That's it.
8 years 6 months ago #5577

Regarding the mount permission, check the FAQ please, it is already answered there.
8 years 6 months ago #5578

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds