INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to control CGX mount? Can it be done without hand controller?

• Thank you received: 0
I am interested in using the indi_celestron_aux driver to control my CGX mount. I would like to control the mount from Kstars/Ekos without having to touch the hand controller. I have been successful connecting directly to the mount using a USB cable to the port on the mount labeled 'PC'. However, I am having a hard time figuring out what the workflow would look like in this scenario.

The first problem is the park position. How do I define the parked position so the counter weights are down? Others have asked this question and reference was made to the 'write env' button on the mount's INDI control panel. I haven't had any luck with this. Ekos notes an error that a ParkData.xml file is missing and nothing I do seems to create it.

Is it possible to control the CGX mount completely from Ekos?
How do you setup the park position?
What workflow do you use in an imaging session?

Thanks!
1 year 1 month ago #91569

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I had CGX-L briefly and it starts by default in the weights-down position. I suspect if you issue a GOTO to a nearby star and then is a Park command, it would go to this position. It would be useful if I can access the mount remotely to run other tests since I no longer have access to an actual Celestron equatorial mount.
1 year 1 month ago #91571

• Thank you received: 0
Oh, interesting. I can get the setup on my Local-area network but don't know how to make that accessible to you. Plus, you would want to see what the mount is doing. At this point I don't know if the limit switches would function to keep the scope from wrapping into knots. The OTA would have to be off the mount.

I did the experiment of powering up and then issuing a goto to a star near the location Kstars initially thinks the scope is pointing. However, this park position seemed to be lost after slewing around a few times.
1 year 1 month ago #91588

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds