INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_celestron_aux with a celestron CPC and equatorial wedge

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, im trying to control a celestron CPC mount with an equatorial wedge. The driver detect that the mount is Alt/Az and there is no way to indicate its a CPC with eq wedge.

Trying to solve this, i hard coded the MountType vatiable as EQ_GEM in the drivers code (celestronaux.cpp, line 224). After the change, the interface show the controls for an EQ mount, but the movements of the telescope are erratic. I guess it has to be related with the encoders, but no idea how to debug.

I have some questions:
1- is there a way to indicate that the mount have an eq wedge without hard coding the driver?
2- Does someone managed to get this driver working with eq wedge

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Félix.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Felix. I have this exact problem. Did you ever find a workaround or solution?
2 months 1 week ago #99156

You can create a driver alias in KStars and add a "wedge" to the alias name.. this is the only way the current driver recognizes mount with wedge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cody
2 months 1 week ago #99159

Thank you! It works!

Btw, I couldn't find this information in any of the documentation...I scoured for hours!

One question: I tried an alias that merely had "wedge" in the name, but it didn't seem to work. Only assigning "wedge" (exactly) to the Alias field seemed to work, but I can't rule out that some other setting was incorrect when trying that way. I also named the custom driver "wedge" just to be sure (in the Name field). But maybe this isn't necessary?

If anyone else has this issue in the future:

In Kstars go to:

Tools > Devices > Custom Driver

Then you can select an existing driver and assign the "wedge" alias to it. Then be sure to select the new driver in your custom profile.
2 months 1 week ago #99179

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds