INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Location of EQMod Mount_config.xml file in linux?

• Thank you received: 0
I am having to re-enter my location coordinates occasionally in the Indi Control Panel as my longitude changes from the correct -89.xx.xx to 270.xx.xx. Sometimes when I first start, it is listed as 290.xx.xx and sometimes it changes in the middle of the night randomly when trying to go-to different objects. It will slew to an incorrect location and when I check, it has changed back to 290.xx.xx.
I was able to edit the EQMod Mount_config.xml and EQMod Mount_config.xml.default in /home/astroberry/.indi, but I can not find this file on my desktop running ZorinOS. How can I edit this on the desktop?
Edit: Even after changing the file, it still loads as 270.xx.xx in Site Management/Scope Location although it shows correctly in the information window at the bottom.
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Troy Mire. Reason: Added screenshot
2 months 4 weeks ago #98528
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Troy, do NOT do that. The longitude is *correct*. In INDI standard, Longitudes are 0 to +360 increasing eastward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troy Mire
2 months 4 weeks ago #98537

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks. It's actually working just fine tonight after deleting my copy of the file earlier. I read a previous comment that longitude is calculated as 360 - 89.xxxx in my case which equals to the 270.xxxxx so I deleted the file I edited and renamed the original file back to its original name.
2 months 4 weeks ago #98539

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds