Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 6 months 3 weeks ago #14802

• wbirk
  • wbirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi!

recently I trashed my Littlefoot V-power, an action that left my without a stepper controller for my rather heavy Houghton telescope. Beyond that, I was annoyed by the plethora of adapters, cables, additional programs hampered by Windows component updates and so on. So I programmed my own stepper controller on a Raspberry Pi 3, which features standalone autoguiding via INDI, observation lists and catalogs, an LX200 interface and a ST4 interface. Not all features are fully tested and everything is in a very early stage - but code is available and I documented the project a little bit. It can be found under TSC-Wiki alongside with the C++code. Comments are highly welcome ...
yours
wolfi
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wbirk.

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 6 months 3 weeks ago #14805

Hi there,
I'm very impressed by your mount, a real beauty :)
Br
/Markku

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 6 months 3 weeks ago #14807

• gmck
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Will follow this with great interest! Would love to build my own mount - especially a large fork like yours (I hate german eq's
Thanks for making it open.
cheers
Gary

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 6 months 3 weeks ago #14818

Great project! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna follow it n github.

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 4 months 4 weeks ago #16320

• wbirk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
hi!
just a little update - more testing, debugging, hardware addons like a hardware watch and an internal USB/RS232 converter, all INDI cameras (theoretically) and above all a rather stable interface to Sky Safari, CdC, Stellarium , SkyTechX via ASCOM (thanks knro for INDI, btw ...) - screenshots are in the appendix of the wiki ... github.com/selste/TwoStepperControl/wiki/TSC
yours
wolfi
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 4 months 4 weeks ago #16331

• oleg
  • Ubuntu Astronomy
  • Thank you received: 73

wbirk wrote: hi!
just a little update - more testing, debugging, hardware addons like a hardware watch and an internal USB/RS232 converter, all INDI cameras (theoretically) and above all a rather stable interface to Sky Safari, CdC, Stellarium , SkyTechX via ASCOM (thanks knro for INDI, btw ...) - screenshots are in the appendix of the wiki ... github.com/selste/TwoStepperControl/wiki/TSC
yours
wolfi

Hi,
HNSKY version 3.3.3_FPC for Linux is an INDI client.
Do you know about it?

You can try my open project Ubuntu Astronomy

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 4 months 3 weeks ago #16352

• wbirk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
hi!
no, i was not aware of that. good to know. mount control via indi is still on the to-do list, also for kstars lite ...
yours
wofli

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 4 months 1 week ago #16650

• wbirk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi!
As things approach something that might be a release, i started a little blog on TSC and other ATM stuff ... tscatm.wordpress.com
Yours
Wolfi
The following user(s) said Thank You: TallFurryMan

May I introduce - my Raspberry Pi Controller/Autoguider - TSC 4 months 1 day ago #16877

• wbirk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
... made a little video -
... mainly about slewing my big phat scope :)
yours
wolfi

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica