Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Configuring EQMOD for EQ6 Custom Ratio Belt Mod

Configuring EQMOD for EQ6 Custom Ratio Belt Mod 1 month 3 weeks ago #19928

• eliot
  • eliot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm trying to move over to INDI for the first time. I did an early EQ6 belt mod with a 4:1 ratio. This means I have a to set the number of steps for one full rotation to 9216000 for both the RA and Dec axis.

Having tried and failed to find where this was configured in KStars/INDI/EQMOD I downloaded the source code. It appears that INDI requests this information from the mount firmware in SkywatcherAPI class GetMicrostepsPerRevolution function. This number is overridden with a hard coded value if the mount type is GT or 114GT.

I could modify the code and build my own version of INDI, but is this using a sledgehammer to crack a nut? Am I missing something obvious?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Configuring EQMOD for EQ6 Custom Ratio Belt Mod 1 month 2 weeks ago #19973

Hi,
You don't miss anything. If you can modify the code, you may fork and ask for a pull request. I don't have time to make the mod myself.
You may create a new driver inheriting from indi-eqmod, indi-eqmod-custom for instance, where you could add some properties to override the ones sent by the mount and overload the functions you need. I think it would be safer if those figures may not be changed using the default driver. Put the code directly in the indi-eqmod directory and add an option to build/install your driver in the CMakeList.
Thanks,
Jean-Luc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Configuring EQMOD for EQ6 Custom Ratio Belt Mod 1 month 2 weeks ago #19976

• eliot
  • eliot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks,

I'll try that over the weekend.

Eliot

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica