INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Video mode, howto ?

• Thank you received: 1

Video mode, howto ? was created by Jean-Luc

Hello,
Clouds, clouds, clouds, clouds and wind and rain... no astro since monday.
So, trying to understand how to set up video mode so as to get smooth frames with ASI183 on RPi 5.
The sensor is 5496x3672, which needs almost 2 seconds to transfer to the PCIe SSD. It has always been, and I think it will always be.
This means that fast exposure subjects are not a good idea : almost 120 seconds for 60 pictures at 0.1 second, 3600 frames of the moon that ought to last 6 minutes actually take around two hours.
Okay, there is a video mode in the capture tab, but at 0.1 second exposure, I get a framerate of ca. 4 images per second. A little bit better, but still not satisfying.
I then tried to figure out the way to lower the resolution, for instance decreasiing to 1280x720 at which, according to the manufacturer's data, the 183 is capable of 103 fps.
But nowhere in the menus of the SM APP on the tablet I could find how to achieve this.
I finally thought this could be done from the streaming tab of the Indi dashboard, but alas! even with so lower resolution of 1280x720, when i start capturing the framerate remains at 4 FPS
Long preamble to explain my problem, so now : how can I get a real video mode, that would allow to capture at least 20 fps ? What and where in the SM APP do I need to set ?
Rgrds,
1 week 5 days ago #100359

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds