INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Assitant for manual focusing

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I read Ekos has a feature to do autofocus with electronic focuser. Could be possible to have an assistant for manual focusing?

As Ekos "knows" when the image is on focus or not, we can have a popup to show if we are fine or we need to adjust. More or less as we have for manual rotator ( as you can see here ).

Even during the framing session, Ekos could check each X minutes if we are on focus, and if we need to refocus stop the session and show the popup.

Is it possible? Is there any similar feature?

Thanks and best regards.
1 year 9 months ago #84099

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
The option to refocus during capture already exists in Capture tab. But it works only with autofocuser and doesnt prompt user to manually focus :-( This wishlist request has been placed in the past and its good to know that there are more users having a need for this feature.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut, Juan Daniel
1 year 9 months ago #84133

• Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the answer, it is good to know there are more people interested.

By the moment I didn´t face big problems with focus, but I think it is a big improvement and a garantee to know you are on focus during all your session. If not, you have to trust in your manual calibration and expect conditions don´t change much during the night.

Popup could be more or less as the rotator, showing if you need focus-in or focus-out, and the amount.

In my case, I don´t buy an electric focuser because the telescope will not fit in its case when assembled...

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hartmut
1 year 9 months ago #84135

• Thank you received: 33
@Jasem are there any plans to implement a feature to help us folk who use Manual focusers? This feature would ideally need to be invoked even when using Scheduler.
This was discussed earlier in indilib.org/forum/focusers-filter-wheels...l-focuser.html#76973
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by AstroMuni.
1 year 9 months ago #84161

Time to create page: 1.057 seconds