INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Proposal for new weather tab in Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Most astronomers with an observatory also have some form of weather station collecting all sorts of weather realted info. There are already sophisticated drivers for AAG CloudWatcher and many others. Different setups collect different weather attributes. In this world of climate change such information is increasingly relevant.

As a starting point, I would like to propose that we consider a new tab in Ekos to start to collect and store such information individually, but it could in future have many further possible use-cases. For instance, local astronomers could warn each other automatically about weather events, such as wind or rain. Potentially, it could be stored centrally and made available for R&D, such as Richard Francis' suggestion about deteriating weather corresponding to poorer guiding and other issues.

Other uses case could become available as people experiment with further sensors, I am particularly interested in sharing CO2 and CH4 sensor data, where available.

As we are a global astronomy community it would be nice to see if we could create a global resource which other communities might find useful too.

Kind regards,

Steve.
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Stephen Cookson.
1 month 4 days ago #99914

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
I think this is a good idea. It could also contain seeing and SQM values.

As I have mentioned in another wishlist item, it would be great to have these parameters included in the FITS headers to aid in sub-exposure weighting during integration.
1 month 1 day ago #99948

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds