INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange behaviour with 3.5 seconds exposures - QHY5LII

• Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,
I'm using a QHY5LII-M-6017d on my 64-bit Kubuntu 17.10 computer and everything is working fine. However, whenever I try to capture from another computer (32-bit Xubuntu 17.04 LTS, 1GB RAM, 1.2 GHz CPU) with a similar setup, I'm not able to capture photos with exposure time 3.5s. Here we have the details: on both the computers I've installed INDI and KStars correctly, plus this package qhyccd-lzr/QHYCCD_Linux_New as recommended by the QHY forum. Despite the same setup, the smaller PC (that I would like to use like a Raspberry Pi server) works only if don't take a 3.5s photo - other exposure times do work as expected. When the problem occurs, the INDI control panel stops working until I close it and, even if I close every window, the indi_qhy_ccd service will continue working in background, locking the camera. Same problem from PHD2 (which uses the INDI drivers), or if connected to a localhost server hosted by indi-web.
I attach all the logs Ekos wrote (verbose, log only CCD errors). If necessary, I'll provide you all the necessary information.
Hope you can help me :),
SB.
6 years 3 months ago #22002
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is absolutely nothing special about 3.5 seconds. I just tested with my QHY5LII (exact camera model) and I was able to take 3.5 seconds just fine. Try to run the PPA update again on your machines and check if that gets resolved. Could be a bad PPA build.
6 years 3 months ago #22010

Hello,
Thanks for your reply but as you can see I replied that the discussion should be moved to another topic in this forum. I wrote there, but my message didn't appear... What's going wrong with the forum itself? In that message I wrote that even on >5s exposure my camera is not working anymore.
However, I'll check the new version of the PPA as soon as possible.
Thanks again,
SB.

Edit: the post has been published after some hours of delay, so now the forum is OK. Waiting for updates to be downloaded...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Marco Cipriani.
6 years 3 months ago #22011

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds