INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 120MM error connection

• Thank you received: 0
Hi again,
On Raspi: Raspbian
kernel 3.18.7+ #755 PREEMPT armv6l
Downloaded the prebuild indi binary package for raspbian from indilib.org
INDI LIbrary: 0.9.9
Revision 726523
Protocol 1.7

ON PC: Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
distro package from universe
Kstars: 2.2.0
libindi0c 0.9.7-0ubuntu4

Before doing a connect to camera in the main tab i activated the debugging of the driver in the settings tab (see screenshot)
hope this helps you more.

If you need more info, just let me know

regards
silidan
9 years 2 months ago #3150
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you. Yes, this is a very useful debug report and looks like it's an "illegal instruction" in the binary BLOB. I emailed Christian to look into it.
9 years 2 months ago #3151

I got a response from the developer and I set armel binary blob to be used in raspberry pi. please test.
9 years 2 months ago #3258

• Thank you received: 41
9 years 2 months ago #3259

Hi, thanks for your respones, when will the version to test be available for download? (link?)

regards
silidan
9 years 2 months ago #3261

I'm working on a new INDI driver that supports multiple devices, color cameras, video...etc using the newer API. Perhaps in two weeks it should be ready.
9 years 2 months ago #3262

Ok, so I've completely re-written the driver based on the newer API, it should be available in the PPA within an hour. Please test and report back!

EDIT: Ok, no PPA packages for the time being as launchpad fails to build it and I opened a ticket in Launchpad to figure out why. But you can check it out from SVN and build it yourself.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 1 month ago #3397

Ok, the PPA should be available tomorrow. It works on the raspberry PI, but the Luma and 16bit video formats do not work, you have 8 bit raw or RGB 24 for now.
9 years 1 month ago #3402

Replied by John on topic ZWO ASI 120MM error connection

Might the software on this link help sort these cameras out? The manufactures also seem to be prepared to help. It even comes with a linux driver.

zwoug.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1513

I'm wondering about the ASI 174MM mostly for guiding using it's guide port initially and as a camera later and for that I would want the full 12bit A/D output.

I'm at the stage of buying kit specifically for this project and feel this camera has more to offer than several others i might choose in the same price range.

Is there likely to be any problems?

John
-
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by John.
9 years 1 month ago #3423

No, I just need to get the list of all VID:PID from ASI, and I'm in direct contact with them to resolve any issues with the INDI driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
9 years 1 month ago #3430

Forgive my ignorance, but what ppa do you refer to exactly?
I ask this because following the indilib.org Download Site, there is a PPA for Ubuntu which contains armhf packages, but there is also a direct download for the Raspberry PI with Raspbian. (i guess they should be compatible, but one never knows, which ubuntu version fits best on raspbian?)

regards
Silidan
9 years 1 month ago #3685

You can't use the Ubuntu PPA for Raspberry PI, it won't work. There is no build service for the Raspberry PI like Ubuntu so I have to create the packages myself from time to time. If you want the latest, you'll have to compile on RPi.
9 years 1 month ago #3688

Time to create page: 1.056 seconds