INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroSoftBuild scripts to easy build INDI and KStars

• Thank you received: 50
I now exclusively use Raspberry Pi OS 64bit ‘bookworm’ on my RPi4 and RPi5. Just to say I have several microSD cards and USB drives (Samsung Fit Plus 256GB) on which nou’s scripts have worked perfectly, the latest one being yesterday (2024-02-17). I used to use bullseye but after the December updates, bookworm has been working fine.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Avocette.
2 months 1 week ago #99168

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Avocette,

thank you for the information that it cmpiles on bookworm which can also be gathered by watching Wolfgang's video some postings above. My question however was whether the scripts will work on bullseye.

Regards,
Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99169

• Thank you received: 114
Yes this is known issue. Triple check that you have indeed 64 bit system. Because /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf path indicate that you are running 32 bit system.
2 months 1 week ago #99173

I used Pi Imager to install "Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy, 64bit) a port of Debian Bullseye with security updates and desktop environment".
"uname -a" returned 'aarch64' (among other info). No further config was done on the system so I assumed that I was running a 64bit system.

Am currently trying installation with bookworm - usually I try to avoid OS-versions that are so young.

Thank you for responding,

Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99174

I saw this issue previosly. uname -a does return aarch64 on raspberry OS but it is in fact 32bit system. Only kernel is 64bit but rest of system is 32bit. If there is no /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu then you don't run 64bit system.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by nou.
2 months 1 week ago #99176

There was no /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu - I checked when looking at toolchains to remedy this issue. So that seems to be the cause: I was not running a full 64bit kernel/OS/userland installation.

Thank you for clearing this up,
Michael
2 months 1 week ago #99188

• Thank you received: 50
A question for Nou or other software experts: Does the script have to be run on the device which it will be used on? I have used Nou's script to build KStars 3.6.9 on Raspberry Pi OS 64bit Bookworm on both a Raspberry Pi 5 (8GB) and a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB). I was surprised to find that the two images do not seem to be interchangable, although I have found that the RPi 4 one does run also on an RPi 4 (8GB) as I expected. Any explanations? Thanks.
2 months 6 days ago #99247

I have not the PI5, but I believe the PI4 and PI5 boards are completely different from the HW point of view. The boards have different design.
2 months 5 days ago #99248

HI, I apologise about this help request, but I have tried to compile phd2 unsuccesfully. From the shell, the command is ./build-soft-stable.sh phd2 and I have got this message:
fatal: invalid reference: v2.6.12
PHD2 configuration failed
fatal: invalid reference: v2.6.12
PHD2 configuration failed

Thaking you again for your useful and fantastic job.
Regards
Sergio
2 months 5 days ago #99249

Avocette:
There is used option "-march=native" which can cause that binaries are not interchangeable on different processors. So if the OS itself run and just compiled KStars does not then delete that string from beginning of script delete all build-* directories so it get rebuild and it should work across RPi4 and 5.

Sergio:
Please run "git tag" in phd2 directory and check if it contain that v2.6.12 line. If not try to run "git fetch --unshallow"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
2 months 5 days ago #99254

• Thank you received: 94
Hi NOU, everyone

I'm hopeless with git. A question which comes up quite often is how to roll back to a previous version.

Using your scripts, would it be possible to publish the steps we would take to install a previous version of INDI/kstars?
e.g. Let's say I have kstars 3.6.9 installed and wish to revert to kstars 3.6.8.

Cheers and clear skies,
Steve
2 months 4 days ago #99267

run "git log" and see which commit hash had this version. Then run "git checkout #hash#"

For 3.6.8 best commit is "git checkout 7d1d8f0574ab8d321d5c1fed1ac0e3499f140e65" as it is one before update to 3.6.9.

To return back to last one run "git checkout master"
The following user(s) said Thank You: alacant
2 months 4 days ago #99271

Time to create page: 1.461 seconds