INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler restarting services

• Thank you received: 32
Maybe I'm doing something obviously wrong (wouldn't surprise me), but I recently started trying out the scheduler so I could target 2 (or more) objects during a night of auto-capturing. Before I start it, I already have everything set-up (so started all servers etc). But then the scheduler starts another instance of all drivers in Ekos (so duplicating them on the windows basically and it didn't run.

Is that normal and would it be possible for it not to do that if I already have everything ready to go?
8 years 4 weeks ago #7491

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No it wouldn't start INDI server if one was started. Was this a local or remote setup?
8 years 4 weeks ago #7496

Remote setup with a raspberry pi 2 on which servers are started, pc inside Kstars/Ekos. Maybe my choice of words is incorrect, but I mean that on the PC inside, in EKOS, I get another row of tabs with the same server stuff as those already started.
8 years 4 weeks ago #7500

Yes not suppose to happen. Did you select "remote" mode in Ekos?
8 years 4 weeks ago #7501

Yes, all set like I normally image and my normal remote imaging and everything was working fine, it was just when wanting to use the scheduler that I saw this behaviour. I'll check if this is always the case.
8 years 4 weeks ago #7502

Still seeing this behaviour unfortunately. I selected for KStars to log, but that doesn't record it, probably since it's EKOS. Can I see in another log file what might be going on? I'll post it here, thanks.
8 years 2 weeks ago #7712

So I can post the kstars.log file if that is of any help. And a screenshot of what I am seeing, this is just the CCD (for testing) but I see the duplication and failure to start happening with all devices..

The actual error Kstars gives me is that ¨Ekos failed to start¨
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Vincent Groenewold.
8 years 1 week ago #7799
Attachments:

Email me teamviewer details.
8 years 1 week ago #7800

I've send them via Google+
8 years 1 week ago #7801

So issue was "mis-spelled" driver name on the remote list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
8 years 1 week ago #7804

Of WatchDog? My goodness, that I would never have seen. With the simulators active and my real DSLR attached it now works! I can probably test it tonight if the real stuff does the same, but it would be really awesome if so. No more staying up late to start the next session. :)

Thanks for finding this.
8 years 1 week ago #7805

Ok, so the scheduler now works which is great, but I ran into another problem. Jobs get started fine, slewing goes fine, solving an image is fine, but then it doesn't continue. The solver says it solved the image succesfully and slewed to the target, but the scheduler is waiting after that without continueing..
8 years 1 week ago #7822

Time to create page: 1.312 seconds