INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler thinks only calibration frames are left

• Thank you received: 32
I have an interesting problem, I deleted my sequence and scheduler file and rebuilt them from scrath. When I start the scheduler it says that it's just continuing taking frames, because only calibration frames are left, while I didn't state I was taking those anywheren. What could be going on?
7 years 3 months ago #14102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's a feature, not a bug!! :P

Well, the purpose of this feature is that sometimes you're done taking all your light frames, and only calibration frames remain, and in such cases, you do not need full observatory startup procedure. That is, no need to unpark dome + mount..etc unless necessary. At any rate, most likely is that the location pointed to by the Sequence file still has some files there which Ekos "counts" when it opens the scheduler list file. Check paths and make sure they're empty or change them.
7 years 3 months ago #14104

;) It's indeed nice if that's what I want. But why not only invoke it if the sequence specifically states they are calibration files?

I did delete all files there and even deleted the sequence files etc. Anyway, the scheduler is running, does it still take the limits into account or does it ignore that while thinking its doing calibrations?

Thanks!
7 years 3 months ago #14105

I reinstalled my Pi (had some other issues), updated KStars, restarted the entire scheduler process including deleting all captured frames etc. Still it says it's going for calibration captures. Could you give me the location I should look in to see if files are left?
7 years 3 months ago #14112

So there was a problem that is fixed now. It was related to the sequence file storing images as LOCAL where the scheduler cannot count the files and therefore know how many images are left, and lightFramesRequired flag was left at false. It should be fixed in the next PPA release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 3 months ago #14117

7 years 3 months ago #14118

Time to create page: 1.258 seconds