Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Hitech Astro DC focuser problem

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 4 weeks ago #26082

I literally spent the whole day writing a completely new driver for this, but I still can't get any response from the controller. I emailed David to ask for more info and we'll see, but the driver is ready whenever this bit of communication issue is resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Temmerman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 4 weeks ago #26098

Thank you so much Jasem. Really appreciated.

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 2 weeks ago #26327

Hi Jasem,

If it helps I have been assured by David Grennan in a recent mail that he would do anything to help you to get something up and running. He also appreciated your efforts.
Meanwhile I have been trying with the new Kstars 2.9.6 and have attached logfile. The odd thing is that although I get messages in INDI control panel saying that the focus controller is connected and moving in steps of e.g. 100 the focusser itself doesn't move at all.
When running under windows and the factory software with ASCOM driver it works fine.
Attachments:

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 2 weeks ago #26328

P.S. Just in order to be complete I have to mention that in earlier attemps with Kstars 2.9.5 I did get some movement in the focuser but it appeared to stop working after a few commands. I also attached the logfiles of that trial.
Attachments:

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 2 weeks ago #26329

I have committed the new updated HitechAstroDC focuser to indi_dev branch, but as it doesn't work here, I have no idea how to proceed. The code is in Github if anyone is interested to take a look at it, but HID communication with the driver fails beyond the initial handshake.

Jasem Mutlaq

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 2 weeks ago #26330

Thanks Jasem. Appreciate all the work you’ve done. I will check on Github.
Kind regards.

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 1 day ago #26617

Jasem,
I have worked with the Hitechastrodc focuscontroller from Kstars 2.9.6 and on some occasions I did get a response. The strange thing is that on one occasion it would react and if I try again with a complete shutdown and restart of Kstars the focuscontroller indicates a step change in indi control panel but no movement of the actual focuser. The times it worked I managed to focus in and out, within ekos as well as the indi control panel. The fields for setting an absolute position are greyed out and not accessible. I have attached the logfiles as well as screenshots.

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 1 day ago #26618

Two more logs attached.
Attachments:

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 1 month 23 hours ago #26621

You are still testing the old driver. The new driver is in a different INDI branch here: github.com/indilib/indi/tree/indi_dev

I haven't made any progress on the driver and I don't know how to proceed really. If anyone wants to take a look at the driver and figure out what the HID communication is not working, you'd be doing us a great favor!

Jasem Mutlaq

Hitech Astro DC focuser problem 6 days 8 hours ago #27392

Hi Jasem. Looks like I'm stuck with my 'cursed' Hitechasto focuscontroller. No one was seems to be interested in having a go into finding a solution.
Have you contacted David Grennan since? He said he would help any way he could.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica