Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...

TOPIC: Post your INDI Setup!

Observatory 17b 6 months 3 weeks ago #12837

Hi.

The opening is 105x105 cm.
I found this number by setting up everything on the tripod inside, next to a wall. I then rotated the tripod until I had tested every position, while I released the clutches and moved the scope finding the point reaching the longest from center.

With my gear it's the top - front thumb screw on the finderscope, that is most likely to hit something.
I added ~5 cm clearance for it when the roof is closing and the mount is parked.

I suggest that you do the same. Set it up inside and measure the limit :)

As the powerline adapters will never work with the dew heaters I decided to make a hole for ethernet. I found what I need at a decent price, so that will be the best choice in the long run :)

CAD for box is here 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=c...ef-abd8-a674c09fdf4a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
Last Edit: by Magnus_e.

Post your INDI Setup! 2 weeks 4 days ago #17213

My current setup Is an Oroin EQ-G mount with a f/4.9 native 8" newtonian. I wanted to be able to be remote with it, so I configured a 13A 12v power supply to drive everything. The 12v can be provided by the AC power supply, or by 12v car battery. The DC is fed into a fuse block housed on the leg of the tripod in the grey enclosure. This enclosure also houses an Intel NUC, the brains of the operation. It, of course, runs Linux/INDI, and if I need to, it also has a fully updated kstars/ekos/astrometry and everything else needed to run stand-alone on it so all it would need is a monitor

The scope has been updated with a moonlite focuser, a 60mm guide scope with a ASI290 camera, and the main camera is an ASI1600MC. I also have a cable that allows me to no longer need the hand controller. Everything is then remotely controlled from my office in the house. Wish I would have had this over the winter!

I am using the following INDI pieces; EQMOD, GPSD, WunderGround, Moonlite, Astrometry, ZWO CCD

The following user(s) said Thank You: dokeeffe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by xsnrg. Reason: switched to in-line photos
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica