INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry.net performance results for Odroid C2

• Thank you received: 10
I'm using a random (near the beehive) image from a 383L (5.45um pixels, 3362x2537 pixels 16bit = 17MB) to act as a performance test. The Pentax is a 4" refractor at 670mm native focal length giving a arcsec/pix of 1.66"/pix. The ODroid C2 is a quad core ARM v8 (64bit) with 2GB ram. I'm using a USB2.0 SSD to hold the full set of astrometry.net indices (~32GB).

Astrometry has been setup without in parallel option (the C2 only has 2GB RAM) and you can see from the command line the parameters set - including downsample 4. It's funny that most of the time is in creating the output annotated plots. Successive runs are --overwrite so the solving starts from scratch each time. I was using astrometry with a 4 minutes solve so both runs have the same caching potential from a filing system perspective.

Timed, with annotated plot outputs (top time) = 4 minutes (yikes!)

Timed, without annotated plot outputs (bottom time) ...... 14 seconds (!!!) using one core.

ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 11 months ago #8442
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 51
Hi Nick
Sounds like a real good news. It confirm what I thought that Odroid can handle a lot of heavy work in local.
Transmission couldn't be a bottleneck if heavy files can be handled locally.
Just a difficulty to lodge the 32Gb of astrometry files. But is it necessary to have all files availables.

Patrick
7 years 11 months ago #8447

• Thank you received: 10
You can reduce the number of indices required (hence smaller amount) depending on the depth. However if in doubt!
ODROID C2 Ubuntu
7 years 11 months ago #8450

Time to create page: 0.760 seconds