Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster 7 months 3 weeks ago #15869

Went out tonight and attempted to use the Ekos polar alignment tool, and with the camera I have to use, the frame download time was just too much to try and get it polar aligned. I decided to pull out my Polemaster and my Windows Tablet to get aligned, then run the Ekos Polar alignment tool to see if it said I was off, and it did.

RA Axis Offset: " 0° 11' 21

Now when I first saw this being reported by Ekos, I thought perhaps I had done something wrong with my Polemaster, so I ran back through the Polemaster routine, and it was still dead on.

I am not sure what this means, entirely. I had an issue with my ZWO OAG so had to try and use my Celestron OAG tonight, which didnt work at all, so I couldnt see what PHD had to say about Polar error.

We have more clouds and rain in the forecast, but I will be trying this again the next time I can go out, so if there are any ideas, I am all ears. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster 7 months 3 weeks ago #15892

Do you think binning the image would help with download time?

Also, for the download time, i found that sometimes i was getting really long download times. I finally tracked it down to a poor signal on my raspberry pi 3's wifi. I got an external dongle and the speed and reliability of the connection improved dramatically.

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster 7 months 3 weeks ago #15895

Yes the binning would make for a smaller image, which would download faster. I may try the dongle route as I think the WiFi is certainly slow.

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster 7 months 3 weeks ago #15929

This one worked for me. You could get something similar. . .

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KV9TQXM/r...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ekos Polar Align vs Polemaster 7 months 3 weeks ago #15930

Sweet, cheap too. I will give that a shot.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica