Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Moonlite focuser protocol

Moonlite focuser protocol 4 weeks 12 hours ago #29000

I had the same problem. I have the Arduino version working well on a Nano using the Indi Ekos system. I have also tested it using the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE. All works fine.
However it will not work with the Moonlite standalone app. In fact it will not even recognise the device. I know for the Arduino Nano has had issues with switching drivers over the years and I can only assume that the official app has a built in driver and expects a specific board. The original author of the software I used said it worked using an Arduino UNO. I have not tested it, I am happy that Indi works with my focuser and does what I need.
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moonlite focuser protocol 3 weeks 2 days ago #29220

Hello, Max.
I hope you had a good holiday. I was wondering, as we talked about a few weeks ago, if you'd be so kind as to upload the schematic of the electronic connections of your version of Hansastro's montage. It seems that you have changed the pin of some connection and removed one of the resistors... Let's see if I can get the LM335 sensor working properly...
Thank you in advance

Moonlite focuser protocol 3 weeks 1 day ago #29261

I will see what I can do to draw up some sort of diagram. However most of the connections are the same as the original schematic.
the only physical changes I made were:
-Changed temp sensor to pin A0, in the original code it was pin 3,
-left off the potetiometer completely , adjustments made in software
-connected a I2C display to : A4 (SDA) and A5 (SCL) which is used in the original code but not shown in the schematic
Max.

Moonlite focuser protocol 2 weeks 1 day ago #29450

Attached is my schematic of the Arduino MoonLite Focuser Schematic derived from Hansastro Focuser. See explanations earlier in the thread. My code at github.com/mdobres/MaxFocuser is a slight variation of the original Hanastro Focuser at github.com/Hansastro/Focuser . The Arduino code also contains a list of Pin Assignments.
My version no longer has a Pot to calibrate the temperature, I do it in the Arduino code using a constant as follows:
tempcorrect= 178;

You change that number adjust the temperature just once when you set it up.

Max
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro, anofeles

Last Edit: by Maxchess. Reason: missed a bit

Moonlite focuser protocol 2 weeks 1 day ago #29451

Thank you very much for the work you have taken to make the diagram. It has been a great detail.
Just one more question. On what basis did you enter the number 178 as "tempcorrect"?
Thank you in advance.

Moonlite focuser protocol 2 weeks 23 hours ago #29455

I had the real temp from an accurate source and just varied the number by trial and error. Its a simple addition/subtraction

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica